Friday, August 1, 2008

Smoked Apple Sage Sausage on a Whole-Wheat Bun topped with Cheese, Kraut, Sauteed Mushrooms, Peppers, & Onions & served with Smoky Roasted Green Beans

The Chubby Vegetarian is at a loss for words. This is the dog of my dreams. Just look at it........look at it! For those who want to know, the sausage is the "Field Roast: Smoked Apple Sage Sausage." It is really, really good. I serve it to my meat eatin' friends all the time with no complaints. And on the plus side, it is as fattening as a real sausage. You read that right. I did a side-by-side comparison at the grocery store. However, the Field Roast still has less saturated fat, and it never rolled in mud or ate slop. So, to me it is still the clear winner.

The wife made some really great homemade raspberry lemonade. Blend 3/4 of a cup of fresh raspberries in a food processor, then add it to two pints of your favorite lemonade. Shake. Pour over ice. I love the ruby-red color, and it tastes as good as it looks.

No comments: